Notes from WYD Committee Meeting 2nd March 2008 6pm
St John the Evangelist Parish Hall Meeting Room
Attendance: per attendance book
Apologies: per attendance book
Opening Prayer: Angelus
1. Finance Report
The following details are based on figures provided at the meeting by JV.
Cash receipts from Sales 2,622.00
Cash paid to suppliers (2,167.36)
Cash generated from Operations 454.64
Nett cash flow from Operations 454.64
Bank Interest 0.00
Bank Charges (0.00)
Nett cash flow from Investments 0.00
Nett increase in cash and equivalents 454.64
Cash and equivalent at start of June 07 0.00
Cash and equivalent at 3rd March $454.64
Cash on hand 156.70
Cash at Bank (St John's Account) 297.94
Accounts receivable 0.00
Inventory (estimate) 1,500.00
Liabilities and Equity
Accounts Payable (approx) 800.00
Customers awaiting stock 50.00
Total $ 850.00
It was noted that what this means, in practice, is that St John's will have donated almost $3,000 to the WYD organisation through purchase of merchandise and fundraising activities to support the overall WYD costs and pay for pilgrims from poorer countries to attend WYD.
It was agreed that no further merchandise should be purchased.
* Strathfield Car Radio BBQ
JV noted that the event was good as a promotion but did not recover costs as yet. Income $141.50, Costs $262.19. It was noted that there remains about 120 drinks (~$180) that can be sold at other events.
It was agreed that future BBQs would use loaves of bread rather than bread rolls (This was suggested by the Metz BBQ people who will have BBQ at SCR on alternate weeks). Some way to provide coffee/tea was also discussed as this would be a relatively high profit item. GS to liaise with Metz group. JV noted the need for a trailer or utility to transport BBQ.
Next BBQ at SCR NEXT SATURDAY 9th March from 9am-2pm
* Cuddly Bear donated for Easter raffle. EB to get some easter eggs and raffle tickets. Tickets to be sold at Easter masses and March 26th event. Draw at the end of the March 26th event. EB to send words for bulletin to JV. JV to arrange entry in bulletin from this week. CD to create a poster. It was noted that tickets need to be stamped with the parish stamp.
* Chocolate drive No 2
DB has arranged 30 boxes of fundraiser chocolates as discussed at the previous meeting. 3 already sold. Will bring to the CYC next week. $48 per box.
* Other ideas for future events include:
- Bucket car wash during Sunday masses
- Auction of Youth to do odd jobs
- Bingo night/games night
- Movie night
3. JCI events 26th March
* The draft schedule for the Campbelltown JCI events was tabled and discussed (also available on the Blog at http://stjohncampbelltown.blogspot.com/2008/02/cross-and-icon-programme-wed-26th-thu.html).
* Rise Up and Procession of the Cross
- Discussion on requirements for CYC members at the Rise Up event (Art Gallery) and procession of the cross through Campbelltown. Expected arrival at St John's around 10pm.
- MH is awaiting information from GS on procession of cross in order to invite the Anglican community to participate.
- An additional item for the procession discussed at CYC was the use of the Tongan choir.
* P&W in church
- Stall to sell merchandise during the P&W event in the church porch from 8.30-9pm and 11pm-. DB agreed to run this stall. Other volunteers welcome to help.
- People will be asked to bring a plate to the hall for the event to be available for supper afterwards. Annette Read has agreed to lead this team and will be in the Hall from 8.30-9pm to accept dishes and then from 10.30-11.30 to organise the food and drinks. Existing CYC cans/bottles will be available for purchase at $1.50 per can.
- SD noted that the church event is Catholic. Additional performers are welcome to offer their services for the church event.
- JV talked about the overnight Vigil. He has sent invitations to the various religious groups.
- Already the Indian youth community has asked to lead the 11pm-midnight time.
- The French community have agreed to lead from 6am-7.30am in French and participate in the Mass. LS gave a detailed description of the prayers that will be done in this time.
- CYC offered to lead from 5am-6am.
- MH suggested also asking other parishes that have already hosted the cross for further ideas.
Closing prayer: Glory Be
Meeting Closed 7pm