Tuesday, October 30, 2007
If you are up to a little walking, you are invited to come with us in the Fisher's Ghost parade this Saturday, the 3rd of November. We also need plenty of fit young people to carry the banners. We want as many people as possible to turn out for Jesus, so pass this message on to everyone you know.
Our march order number is 63 and our assembly area is the Old Campbelltown Showground - Entry via Queen Street into KING Street, Campbelltown. You must arrive at the assembly area before 12:00 noon.
Look for the bright blue WYD shirts! Bring water and wear comfortable shoes.
The parade will finish with the Combined Churches Family Fun Festival at Koshigaya Park.
Monday, October 29, 2007
· Sunday, 4th November: Catholic Youth Campbelltown,
a World Youth Day Youth Group, is calling out to all
young CHRISTIANS from ages 16 to 35 to be part of
World Youth Day 2008. A meeting is being hosted in the
from 6pm. Visitors Welcome. FREE ENTRY
See you there on Sunday after the 5pm mass,
· Saturday, 3rd November: Catholic Youth Campbelltown, a World Youth Day Youth Group, is calling out to all young CHRISTIANS from ages 16 to 35 to be part of World Youth Day Parade. Participants in the Parade must arrive before 12 noon at the old Campbelltown Showground (via
See you all there on Saturday,
Friday, October 26, 2007
Understanding the Mass
lead by Kevin Davies
Come along at 6pm on Sunday to join a discussion with Kevin Davies looking at the background and meaning of various parts of the Catholic Mass. This evening Kevin will continue to look at a couple of selected areas of particular interest.
Copies of the reference book sections will be available to reflect upon during the discussion.
Date: Sunday 26th October
Place: St John's Hall, Meeting Room
Monday, October 15, 2007
St John's Parish Hall Meeting Room
1. Opening Prayer - WYD Song
2. Attendance - Sean Donovan, Greg Simoni, Yuti Diack, Clayton Diack, Dianne Byrnes, Carolyn Baragry, Kylie Moody, Marylyn Elias, Ivanna Goodall, John Verhoeven
Apologies - Mary Law, Erin Byrnes, Kerry McDonald, Pat and Mick Webb, Craig Cockroft
a. Prohibited Employment Declaration Forms - JV
b. Treasurer's Report - CB. Cash at hand from shirt sales $400.
c. Media Report - GS. Examples of local media coverage tabled. Dates for Youth Events distributed to local churches, schools and media. Noted that the term break at the schools hampered getting the message out.
a. Shirts/Hats - SD. Shirts now available. Noted the need to order additional small and medium sizes as these have run out. Will enquire about bucket hats with embroidered logo.
b. Other materials/hats - JV. Advised still need to follow up on these items. Another source for some fundraising items was also found at Brookvale and will be contacted.
c. Bunnings BBQ - CD advised that the Bunnings BBQ can be booked for Saturday or Sunday for fundraising. Bunnings provide BBQ and gas, the group would provide all food and drink. Would need to staff from 9am to 3pm and clean-up. $50 deposit required which is returned following return of the cleaned BBQ. Need to show parish public liability insurance to book. JV to provide to CD. Agreed to book a Saturday each month starting from January.
d. Fundraising Week - YD suggested a fundraising week, perhaps a chocolate drive or Krispy Kreme. DB to investigate Cadbury Chocolate fundraisers.
e. Banner - CB/CD. Agreed on the CYC name and design. Will proceed to organise banner prior to YouthFest.
5. Youth Group
a. Veritas Shirts - CD. Agreed to proceed with a few of these screen printed shirts ahead of the YouthFest. Estimated sale price about $20.
b. Future Youth Group Dates - JV provided a list of all the future CYC dates to the end of 2008.
6. Upcoming Events
a. CYC Event 21st October
- Estimate 25 people will attend.
- Talk to be given by WYD team members following masses next weekend with handouts following mass. WYD shirts to be worn so people recognise the team. JV will prepare an overhead slide. Vigil - GS, 7.30am - EB, 9am - KM, 10am - CD/YD, 5pm - GS
- CD/YD will organise food. It was noted that food purchased could be frozen and may cover both the CYC and YouthFest. "Oldies" to handle BBQ while the youth group meeting is in progress.
- CD advised that Karin Ransden and Sari Blenkinsopp will give testimony and run the central hour of the meeting.
- GS advised that the church rock group had agreed to play. It was suggested that the band could play prior to the testimonies, as people arrive, and then during the BBQ.
- GS/YD to complete an agenda for the evening and circulate.
b. YouthFest 27th October
- Tabled letters from Christy Honeysett outlining the format of the evening. Estimated 80 people to attend. Need for us to cater and youth group members to meet/greet arrivals.
- We need to find accomodation for the 12 members of the NET ministry for the Saturday night. JV to raise with MW/PW to see if homestay volunteers can provide.
c. Fishers Ghost Parade Saturday 3rd November and Street Fair Saturday 10th November - CB.
d. Parish "New Year" Bush Dance - Saturday 24th November
e. Journey of the Cross in Campbelltown - Wednesday 26th March
f. WYD08 week - Monday 14th July to Sunday 20 July
6. Positions Vacant
a. Transport co-ordinator - Still vacant
7. Closing Prayer
Next Meeting Sunday 21st October 6pm (during the youth group meeting)
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Theology of the Body
Bring along your friends. For catering purposes please book your place by contacting Br John on 0409 450 239
For more information: http://www.christopherwest.com/theologyofthebody.asp
Friday, October 5, 2007
Thursday, October 4, 2007
The Inaugural Against the Grain World Youth Day meeting will be held at:
St John the Evangelist Parish Hall (
· Sunday, 21stOctober, 6pm-7:30pm.
A YOUTHFEST will be hosted in
Saturday, 27th October, 7:30pm- 10:30 pm
Against the Grain, a World Youth Day Youth Group meeting is being hosted in the
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
campbelltown team news
campbelltown team meeting - You are invited to join the Campbelltown WYD08 team this Sunday at 6pm, right after 5pm mass. Join in the Youth Group, Promotions, and Home Stay teams. Organising for the upcoming youth event and Fisher's Ghost.
team shirts and caps - Campbelltown WYD team shirts and caps are on the way. Shirt and cap pack only $40 in sizes XXL, XL, L and M. Please send your order to Sean Donovan at email@example.com and payments to Carolyn Baragry.
* Saturday 27th October - Youth Event Macarthur
* Saturday 3 November - Festival of Fisher's Ghost Street Parade
* Saturday 10 November - Festival of Fisher's Ghost Street Fair
* 26/27 March - Journey of the Cross in Campbelltown, Overnight vigil at St John's
* 15-20 July - WYD week
Check out the web sites at